Sun, 08 Nov|
The Boatshed Currumbin
Stand Up Paddle boarding for the Ladies
A morning of Stand Up Paddle boarding, Pilates and great company. Learning the tips and tricks to have the most possible fun on a paddle board surrounded by a fun crew of women.
Time & Location
08 Nov 2020, 7:30 am – 11:00 am AEST
The Boatshed Currumbin, 2/4 Thrower Dr, Currumbin QLD 4223, Australia
About The Event
Have you ever wanted to try Stand Up Paddleboarding or perhaps you can already SUP and want some fun women to go with?
If you knew you could head out and give it a try with a supportive group of women and instrcutor to show you the ropes (kit supplied) with no pressure would you give it a go?
This fun morning SUP experience has been created specifically for women who want to give it a whirl, but don't know where to start or have done it before and would love to play again. Women who would love a supportive, fun experience with their own personal cheer squad.
We have teamed up with The Boatshed Currumbin to create and share a morning that we ourselves love to experience. Let's just say testing, learning, planning and preparing for this has definitely not been a chore.
Why join the Pixiato Play team for the morning
- Have a play stand up paddleboarding with some seriously fun women
- Guidance of a fun instructor
- Learn the basics of how to stand on the board, paddle, handle wake and make the most of your experience
- Become more confident with your balance and paddling
- Learn simple easy body position and posture tweaks that can increase your confidence in minutes
- Have a play doing some Pilates / yoga on your board - we've got the big super floaty boards so we can play
- No pressure to do crazy things, but plenty of support and encouragement if you want to - like dancing on one foot while paddling, classic catch impressions, air guitar - your imagination is your limit
- We are your own personal cheer squad and we're simply stoked to share our love and passion for women giving things a go without judgement
*We start early to beat the heat of the day and so have the park to ourselves as much as possible and you can enjoy the remainder of your Sunday with a fun brunch or lunch with friends new and old afterward.
Your experience includes
07:30am: 30 minutes to check-in, opportunity to have a Two Amigos Organic cold brew coffee, chat with your fellow paddleboarders, your host Pixie aka Penny and Pixicato Play team
08:00am: 30 minutes Pilates warm up prepping your mind and body for heading out on the water
08:30-10:30am: 2 hour stand up paddle board including a lesson and play *Stand Up Paddleboard equipment included; board, paddle, note; life vests are not compulsory however they are available at no extra cost
10:30-11:00am: catch up with your fellow SUP legends, have a chat, cold brew coffee, group photo
*****Lots of support and encouragement from the team and each other*****
What to bring and wear
- Yourself; and a mindset ready to give it a go and have some fun
- Swimmers and towel - you may fall in or your may simply want to jump in or go for a swim
- T-shirt, sun shirt or similar to protect from the sun while out on the water - shorts or leggings are optional (personally I like to wear boardshorts or short leggings)
- Clothing you're comfortable doing Pilates in eg leggings and top
- Change of dry clothes
- A yoga mat or towel; due to Covid-19 you will need to bring your own mat. While a towel will be ok on the grass a yoga mat will be more comfortable
- Hat; for sun protection - a cap or hat that you can secure while out on the water and perhaps a wide brim hat for chilling out for extra protection
- Water and snacks; please bring your own water bottle. You will be able to refill on site.
- There will be complimentary Two Amigos cold brew coffee. If you have a reusable coffee cup that's fab if not we have compostable coffee cups
- Sunblock; we have sunblock available for your use however if you have sensitive skin please bring your own
Maximum 20 participants to ensure a fabulous experience.
**Children; we are not offering supervision. They are not included in the experience and we are unable to offer supervision. As we are by the water we do not recommend leaving children unsupervised.
Important stuff to know
Please make sure you read our terms and condition prior to registering for an event.
You can find our Terms and Conditions here as well as the link at the bottom of every page.
- Ticket type
Standard tickets are available up until 7 November or the event sells out. If the event is sold out and you would like to be placed on a wait list if any cancellations occur or you would like to register please contact email@example.comPrice$90.00
- Ticket type
Early bird tickets available until 31 October or the early bird tickets sell out whichever comes first.Price$75.00Sold Out