Sun, 18 Oct|
A bike ride afternoon for the ladies!
A bike ride afternoon for the ladies and simple bike maintenance lesson. This is a fun, bike ride to give you confidence on your bike no matter what your level and simple bike maintenance lesson created specifically for women to gain more confidence riding while exploring bike paths and trails.
Time & Location
18 Oct 2020, 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Philip Park, Seaworld Dr, Main Beach QLD 4217, Australia
About The Event
Did you know there are all sorts of tips and tricks that we simply didn't learn when we learnt to ride that make a world of difference? Perhaps it's been years since you've ridden a bicyle and you learnt to ride a bike when you're a kid. Or you ride a bit and want to gain more confidence from a coach. Perhaps like me you learnt with your parents or sibling running beside you or with training wheels until you were simply left to your own devices? And even now as a mountain biker I always have things I can learn.
The afternoon is all about you upping the fun factor when riding your bike and giving you the confidence to enjoy hidden gems around the Gold Coast like The Spit trail and riding with other fun women doing the same.
Why join the Pixiato Play team for the afternoon
- Ride with and explore with some seriously fun women
- Guidance of an experienced fun coach - we've teamed up with Mountain Bike in Paradise
- Become more confident with your bike handling and gear changes
- No pressure to go at crazy speeds or do crazy things (I'll be practicing not falling off - keep an eye on Instagram for that one)
- Learn the basics of how to take care of your bike and setup specific for you ...without any mansplaining
- Learn to take care of your chain, change a tube, and an eye opener for me, why too much air in your tyres is as unhelpful as not enough, amongst other great things to know
- Learn simple body position and posture tweaks that can increase your confidence in minutes
- We are your own personal cheer squad and we're simply stoked to share our love and passion for women giving things a go without judgement
Your experience includes
1:30pm: 30 minutes to check-in, opportunity to have a Two Amigos Organic cold brew coffee, chat with your fellow riders, the Pixicato Play team and your riding instructor, Corey
2:00pm: 30 minutes Pilates warm up specific to enjoying and making the most of your bike ride
2:30pm: bike setup, simple bike care, how to change a tube, helmet and bike check - all tools supplied
3:15pm: Approximately 1 hour bike ride along The Spit - bike handling skills, posture and positioning on the bike, handling different surfaces - tips and tricks for riding on paths, unsealed surfaces, grass, sand. Riding confidence.
*****Lots of support and encouragement from the team and each other*****
What to bring and wear
- Yourself; and a mindset ready to give it a go and have some fun
- A bike in good working order - commuter bike, hybrid, mountain bike or cruiser *note this ride will be challenging on a cruiser, however it is possible, it is not suitable for road bikes - if you don't have bike please indicate when registering and we will assist you with hiring one
- A helmet rated to Australian standards that fits you well
- A yoga mat or towel; due to Covid-19 you will need to bring your own mat. While a towel will be ok a yoga mat will be more comfortable
- Wear; something you're comfortable riding in eg leggings or shorts or similar and runners or similar shoes ie no thongs / jandals or heels
- Water and snacks; please bring your own water bottle. You will be able to refill on site.
- Hat; You may also like to bring a hat for sun protection / hat hair management after wearing your helmet during the lesson.
- There will be complimentary Two Amigos cold brew coffee. If you have a reusable coffee cup that's fab if not we have compostable coffee cups
- Sunblock; we have sunblock available for your use however if you have sensitive skin please bring your own
Maximum 15 participants to ensure a fabulous experience.
**Children; we are not offering supervision. They are not included in the experience and we are unable to offer supervision. It is up to you if you bring them along to hang out at the park.
Important stuff to know
Please make sure you read our terms and condition prior to registering for an event.
You can find our Terms and Conditions here as well as the link at the bottom of every page.
Early bird tickets available until until sold out.
Standard tickets are available until the event sells out. If the event is sold out and you would like to be placed on a wait list if any cancellations occur or you would like to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org